Disarming Corruptor Disguises 3D Models As Unrecognizable Jumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekullo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
"There are 100 trillion possible key-code combinations for repairing a file distorted in Disarming Corruptor. A relatively simple computer program could eventually guess the correct combination in a reasonable amount of time"

100 trillion sounds like a large number ... How fast could a computer do that? lol

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
They can't just "ban" those files since they are ordinary models that are just distored there is no way to distinguish it has been altered.

Due to this even brute force would be nearly impossible... even if a computer were able to go through every combination there is no way to tell when the correct combination has been reached.

Ekinox

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
@ derekullo: i think it's probably relatively easy to repair from only one distortion pass, because as you can see in the image, as a person you can somewhat guess how the mmodel has been distorted. (I would start by detwisting it fully around the middle axis.) So I suppose a computer could also interpret signs that hint at a certain way of distorting the model and use that to quickly reach the right form.It's a bit like a camera knows when the image is in focus I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.