disk usage 100% laptop too slow to reset with windows recovery thing

Aug 28, 2018
the laptop of my friend is so slow I can't reset it with windows 's recovery program.
I think it is the disk usage that is the problem and i have check the forums for solution but nothing works.

sorry for my english it is not my first language.

Solution
If you can get it to boot go into uninstall programs and uninstall as much crap as you can ... thus freeing up space on the drive for it to cache the OS properly and run.

Then run cleandisk and defrag,

Then run your AV program and antimalware.

You might have a bit of malware or a virus that is chewing up cpu cycles and slowing it to a grinding halt.

Use hyjackthis to remove unwanted programs that have loaded at bootup.

Get some more RAM ... if you have less than 4GB.

Make sure you do not fill up the HDD to the point where it cannot cache the OS properly if you have less than 4GB of RAM.
If you can get it to boot go into uninstall programs and uninstall as much crap as you can ... thus freeing up space on the drive for it to cache the OS properly and run.

Then run cleandisk and defrag,

Then run your AV program and antimalware.

You might have a bit of malware or a virus that is chewing up cpu cycles and slowing it to a grinding halt.

Use hyjackthis to remove unwanted programs that have loaded at bootup.

Get some more RAM ... if you have less than 4GB.

Make sure you do not fill up the HDD to the point where it cannot cache the OS properly if you have less than 4GB of RAM.

Solution
Aug 30, 2018
First of, if you can boot the laptop to windows, turn on task maganer -> more details, check what has heavy load (proccessor, memory, disk). If there is any with 80+% load, click on it to sort by usage and identify the proccess that generates that load. Uninstall the app responsible or check the proccess online to see if its not a virus.