Disney Confirms Movies for Individual Star Wars Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Seems like an easy way to kill the series well see though. I liked it how there was the large epic movie and now its just going to be star wars XI or something like star trek lame! I like star trek but Star Wars movies were always less produced.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
A) JJ Abrams will get bored quick, fast, and in a hurry. It is what he does. I would be shocked if he got through even 3 movies, morel likely 2...

B) Disney did a good job with Marvel, specifically the buildup to Avengers... (Way way better than Rami and the Toby McGuire Spiderman garbage)...

C) Lucas was the problem with the prequels and the re-re-re-re-releases of the original films. He kept tinkering, and using poor dialogue, worse character development and uncreative plots. A new vision, a new perspective, can not POSSIBLY be worse than the drivel Lucas spewed out, even with Mickey Mouse at the helm...

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
JABBA the language kit for dummies, comming soon in Disney!
Chewbaka, sponsored by loreal, becouse you are worth it, Comming soon!

Lets see how badly they f... this up (so far, i never saw one company overtake others product and make it better, and im 29 years old).

jtenorj

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
@cats_Paw: AMD buys ATi. Enter Radeon hd3000, hd4000, hd5000, hd6000, hd7000(so far). hd2000 series was delayed and already in the works before the buyout(and kinda sucked compared to later radeons). While hd3000 was better(and pretty much a die shrink of hd2000 with a few tweaks), hd4000 and later have really given nvidia a run for their money.

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
[citation][nom]faster23rd[/nom]My GOD! They're going to milk it hard![/citation]
I guess whn you pay that much for a franchise thats what you have to do to get your money back. Lets hope they are of good quality and they don't f it all up.

susyque747

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]At the very least, make the movies sequels, not prequels...[/citation]
Some of the best Star Wars books I have read didn't have any of the known characters in them and they were prequels.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I, for one, welcome all Star Wars movies. Disney did a very good job with the Marvel IP, so there is a precedent. They spent a LOT of money for the Star Wars franchise, they are not going to put out crappy movie-of-the-week type films just for the box office. Avengers was a good story with GREAT dialogue that focused on the characters.

Seriously, who doesn't want to see the Yoda origin story? Or a Boba Fett movie in the vein of the Nolan Batman films? Heck, you could probably do a whole trilogy with Fett. And that's just the characters from the movies. Tons of other characters in the EU worth exploring.

G

A lot of negativity here, if anything this is exactly what Star Wars needs. I would love to see some movies about Lando Calrissian and Han Solo or all the happened with the Empire between the prequels and A New Hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.