News Disney Plus finally has a Star Wars show that interests me — and it’s dropping today

May 4, 2024
There's nothing wrong with skipping shows that don't interest you! But i think based on what you've said in this article about what you _do_ want that Andor slipped under your radar.

The show is definitely morally gray and dark, there are no Jedi, and not even anyone with a heart of gold. (_Maybe_ Mon Mothma, but this early on in her Rebel career she's shielded from having to make most of the hard moral choices, and even so she still makes some questionable decisions.)

The show is about the bad days under the Empire. About half the viewpoint characters are Imperial functionaries or Imperial wannabe bootlickers. The most prominent of the "good guys" are a scoundrel with a heart of dross who spends most of the series running away whenever he can, and a ruthless revolutionary with a heart of iron.

It's a show unlike anything that has come in Star Wars before, and in a lot of ways feels more real than anything else in the canon so far.

It's a shame that it came out around the same time as many other mediocre Star Wars shows so people were feeling burned out and the Disney marketers didn't know how to explain to people why this one was different.

Reactions: SpecialSauce13

billthekirk

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
This writer is absolutely CLUELESS. Andor and Ahsoka have some of the absolute best Star Wars writing to date and he just dismisses it like its nothing. It says more about the depths of his maturity (no depth at all) and this article reaks of just wanting attention from the Disney haters. Enjoy your two second of fame. In the words of Jar Jar Binks..."How Wude".

SpecialSauce13

Estimable
Apr 11, 2021
There's nothing wrong with skipping shows that don't interest you! But i think based on what you've said in this article about what you _do_ want that Andor slipped under your radar.

The show is definitely morally gray and dark, there are no Jedi, and not even anyone with a heart of gold. (_Maybe_ Mon Mothma, but this early on in her Rebel career she's shielded from having to make most of the hard moral choices, and even so she still makes some questionable decisions.)

The show is about the bad days under the Empire. About half the viewpoint characters are Imperial functionaries or Imperial wannabe bootlickers. The most prominent of the "good guys" are a scoundrel with a heart of dross who spends most of the series running away whenever he can, and a ruthless revolutionary with a heart of iron.

It's a show unlike anything that has come in Star Wars before, and in a lot of ways feels more real than anything else in the canon so far.

It's a shame that it came out around the same time as many other mediocre Star Wars shows so people were feeling burned out and the Disney marketers didn't know how to explain to people why this one was different.
Absolutely correct

SpecialSauce13

Estimable
Apr 11, 2021
This writer is absolutely CLUELESS. Andor and Ahsoka have some of the absolute best Star Wars writing to date and he just dismisses it like its nothing. It says more about the depths of his maturity (no depth at all) and this article reaks of just wanting attention from the Disney haters. Enjoy your two second of fame. In the words of Jar Jar Binks..."How Wude".
I'm going to disagree on Ahsoka. It's at best the Sabine show and she's kinda hard to get past with her malaise. Best scenes were the dock scenes early on.

That said, Andor was brilliantly done.

SpecialSauce13

Estimable
Apr 11, 2021
I've skipped most of the Star Wars shows on Disney Plus — but here's why "Tales of the Empire" has caught my attention.

Disney Plus finally has a Star Wars show that interests me — and it’s dropping today : Read more
Terrible article. If you don't like the universe, why are you watching? More importantly, how are we to trust this review?

Clone Wars and Bad Batch, along with Andor and Mandalorian dive deep into life in the universe without the need for surrounding ourselves with the two families ruining life for everyone else in the galaxy via bad Shakespeare.