Disney's New Tactile Tech Makes You Feel Real Collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Azn Cracker[/nom]holy crap that sounds so cool. i wonder how it would feel to be a suicide bomber.[/citation]
It only vibrates and you are on a chair, so luck you won't feel the pain but the sensation of being on a massage chair. For continuous massage, simply keep suicide bombing. LOL!

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]What's so special about a vibrating chair with the Disney brand on it VS a vibrating chair with a different brand stamped on it?[/citation]

You get to share it with Dumbo.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Sounds awesome, Given of course though probably far and inbetween of a use with it, given that kinda to updat releases for it and the like, probably patches.

Going to Disny to say, would be weird.

Maybe just the chair along would be aweome. Some incline vest usages. Or just them.

Vests think aren't as good though with the idea of chiars. Just weird cause most chairs usually just fit.

Like Disney i guess on some ideas would be nice to have, or knowing Disney has something like that to say.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
A little odd coming from Disney, but hey, it could be a neat concept. I still pine for the days of full fledged virtual reality, but I'll probably be too old to enjoy it if it ever was to come to fruition.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
could this also have a dampening effect on real surroundings for special forces units who go through extreme situations and need to keep focus?

Also, good to see our *favorite* online retailers back after a short break.... we so missed them!

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
What a downer! After I clicked on the title, I was bummed because I thought it read:
Disney's New Tactical Tech Makes You Feel Real Concussions...

Disney and Matel, joined together in the Military, at last...

Oh well...

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Maybe Disney is going to develop it for one of their attractions.

I am growing old disgracefully and I forget things. I seem to recall somewhere in the dim past some sort of similar chair. I think it might have been an automobile type seat for a game. Anybody remember?

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
I don't think it's that odd for Disney to be making this based on their theme park experience. I mean, they've used this sort of thing in their theaters and rides along with scent, wind, mist/rain, motion simulators, and binaural sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.