Display [backlightflickering/dimming, color issues] then goes black

robertclara123

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015
I have a Dell inspiron e1505 Laptop running Windows XP and just recently the screen briefly shows a red tint on start up. My laptop was working fine one day, the next day my screen was black.

I thought it might have gone into sleep mode, so I powered it down via the power button came back on, seen the startup screen, then all of a sudden the screen went reddish tint, then flickered and went black again.

A few days before, the screen seemed to flicker or tremble lightly - it didn’t distort text on the screen but the light wasn’t constant. I restarted the computer and the whole screen was red tinted at the Dell startup page after I would log into Windows, the screen would change color to black.

When the screen goes dark, you can still see the outline of any windows that are open, but it is too dark to see the mouse cursor. It acts like the image is there, but someone turned off the lights! Blocks the outline information are seen. When I plug in an external monitor, it works just fine, as I am using it now.

Help!!!! Please....

ffg7

Splendid
you might want to either get a new laptop or just use that 1 with an external monitor after you see the prices for new screens with inverter boards in this link. http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Dell/INSPIRON~E1505/

robertclara123

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015

thank you -i will consider...