KarenMitchell

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016
This might be a bit long winded but I want to explain exactly what happened.

I have an HP Envy with touchscreen display. I had some issues with my keyboard so I replaced it but in doing so, I broke the connection on the motherboard for the display. I got a new motherboard and installed it but I still don't have a display. The touchscreen part of it works, and the computer does boot up because I'm using an external monitor. But I don't have anything on my laptop screen. I've tried resetting cmos by unplugging the battery, and I reset it by taking the battery out and pressing the power button to drain it and resetting it that way but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

KarenMitchell

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

I didn't do anything to the ribbon for the display, I broke the plastic that holds the ribbon onto the motherboard. and in trying to see if I could fix it, the connection to the motherboard came off and I don't have a solder so I just ordered another motherboard.

KarenMitchell

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

It didn't, that's why I posted this. The touchscreen part works but the screen is blank. I'm only able to work with an external monitor.

KarenMitchell

Commendable
Oct 7, 2016

HP Envy TS 17

Were you able to find anything. I posted the model as soon as I could. My husband is a disabled vet and I am gone a lot taking him to doctors appts. Any help would be appreciated.