Solved! Display error on dell vostro 3450

Feb 12, 2018
my laptop screen just turns all black and white pixels after a while of using. and i turn off the lid and turn on the lid it works fine and after an hour or 2 same thing again. i uninstalled and instaled my display driver, updated it but the same issue persists.

Solution
Well, it could be the cable that connects the display, the display itself, or even the GPU.

If the device is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, you can try connecting an external display and see if the problem happens on it as well. If it doesn't, then I would be looking at the cable and/or the display. However if it shows up on the external screen, then it is more likely the GPU.
Well, it could be the cable that connects the display, the display itself, or even the GPU.

If the device is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, you can try connecting an external display and see if the problem happens on it as well. If it doesn't, then I would be looking at the cable and/or the display. However if it shows up on the external screen, then it is more likely the GPU.

Solution