Solved! Display Monitor problem

Sep 13, 2021
I have 2 monitor, LG Flatron e1942 (VGA port only) and Acer KG271 (2 HDMIs and single VGA port). When i set my computer to dual view (clone/extend), my LG monitor remain blank (sometime says "DSUB power saving mode"). First i tough my monitor bad, so i try my LG on my laptop, it work just fine, then i try my Acer with VGA cable, also work just fine. And then, i try both VGA and HDMI on my Acer, manually select input source by pressing "source button", working perfectly. Is my LG monitor wont receive signal from specific device? Or my H61 mobo bad?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Resetting to factory in BIOS was a good idea.
The new board may well fix the issue, I just find it hard to believe if both monitors were discovered by the computer, that was the real issue.
But, I could be wrong. Hard to know. Never seen a VGA connect that didn't work, so I see where getting the new Graphics card would be a good call.
Hope it works! Waiting for good news!

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
This is a setup problem. First, translate this "First i tough my monitor bad " HUH?
  1. Type of computer?
  2. desktop or laptop?
  3. The "DSUB power saving mode " message is coming from the monitor because it sees no signal.
  4. Nothing is wrong with hardware.
  5. What is your O.S. ?
  6. Check out YouTube for Dual monitor setup. If no luck, I have a 3 monitor set-up I did myself, comeback if no luck on YT.
Good luck.

Reactions: Althana12
Sep 13, 2021
This is a setup problem. First, translate this "First i tough my monitor bad " HUH?
  1. Type of computer?
  2. desktop or laptop?
  3. The "DSUB power saving mode " message is coming from the monitor because it sees no signal.
  4. Nothing is wrong with hardware.
  5. What is your O.S. ?
  6. Check out YouTube for Dual monitor setup. If no luck, I have a 3 monitor set-up I did myself, comeback if no luck on YT.
Good luck.

Sorry for my bad english.
I mean "at first, thought my monitor is bad"
Computer spec :
Core i5 2400
H61 LGA 1155 with American Megatrends BIOS
HDMI and VGA onBoard Port IGFX Intel HD 2000
6GB RAM
Windows 10

My LG monitor is works with my HP Probook.
But, when i try to connect to my PC with same VGA cable, it says "DSUB power saving mode", but the LG monitor detected on IGFX Panel Control.

I plug VGA cable from my PC to my Acer monitor, it works.

I've been trying to set the projection mode, change resolution and refresh rate, and also change any possible Graphic Preference setting on BIOS.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
I see, English not 1st language. Still doing better than the English! Or most Americans for that matter.
I had a very similar problem as yours. Identical in fact. After talking with the factory, they told me to buy a "Active"
adapter to go between the computer and TV. It does some kind of format, or signal addition that made the system work.
Also, go to start, in the search box type "disply settings" At that point you can see all the monitors that the computer detects,
and make your changes there, Much better than going into BIOS.

Reactions: Althana12
Sep 13, 2021
After talking with the factory, they told me to buy a "Active"
adapter to go between the computer and TV.
In my case, the problem probably comes from my onboard VGA port or my LG VGA port (says "VGA to VGA"), not from HDMI or even DVI. So, i think, it didn't need an "active" converter. Or, should i buy a "VGA signal amplifier"?

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Absolutley NOT. Do not buy an amplifier. I would call it a format problem, but VGA IS VGA! It should work.
HDMI or Display Port type video can cause headaches, but NOT VGA.
Did you try going into display settings, and see if your computer "sees" that device?
It is *remotley possible you messed up some settings when going into BIOS ETC.
But unless you fly me out to your house, (I'll be waiting for the tickets), I have no idea.
Try display settings, do a "Detect Devices" and see what you get, report back.
There is a distinct possibility there is some setting that is making the VGA not show,
but it should still be detected by the computer.

Actually, I have never heard of a VGA amplifier, and I seriously doubt they exist.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021
Did you try going into display settings, and see if your computer "sees" that device?
Yes, my display setting detect my both monitors.
It is *remotley possible you messed up some settings when going into BIOS ETC.
Nope, i've trying every single possible option, and even reset to the default setting.

For now, im ordering a Graphic Card, waiting to knock my door.
I'll let you know when the graphic card arrived and plugged to my board.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
The new board may well fix the issue, I just find it hard to believe if both monitors were discovered by the computer, that was the real issue.
But, I could be wrong. Hard to know. Never seen a VGA connect that didn't work, so I see where getting the new Graphics card would be a good call.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 13, 2021
The good news is that i have new graphic card and new monitor right now 😁
My old LG monitor is broken, but somehow, it works on my laptop.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, its mean a lot for my.

Case closed!

Reactions: BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
FANTASTIC !! And great work.
That was truly a problem I have not seen before.
But I am very happy you are all set up now. I personally love my multiple monitor set-up. (3)
I have (1) monitor that is connected to my TV Tuner card, for entertainment, and work.
(1) As my main computer monitor while building circuitry or programming in C.
And (1) that generally is used for schematics, software builds, or referencing part datasheets.
Makes work much easier.
With your new card, you could add a 3rd monitor, and it would be very easy now!

Last edited: