diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
Can anyone help me out, I am thinking about purchasing a divx ready dvd player so I can play avi files and divx as well as all other formats straight from disc rather than playing them via s-video as I do right now. Wanted to know if anyone else has one of these, where are the best places to buy them from, how much, that kinda thing.

Tommy
Lian LI PC70 Full Tower
Antec True 550 Psu
2.8Gig P4-E, OC'd to 3.07
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
1Gb Kingston Hyper X LL Pc3200
Radeon 9800Pro 256, Audigy 2 ZS Platinum,
Maxtor 200Gb,
Plextor PX712A & Lite-On Combo DVDRom/CDRW

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Well... here is a list of all of em, that might help your selection a little.
<A HREF="http://www.divx.com/hardware/certified/products.php" target="_new">http://www.divx.com/hardware/certified/products.php</A>
As far as what to get and were to get it I ohnestly have no idea because I don't know anything about divx playing hometheater dvd players nor do I own one. But here is what I would do for any sort of hometheater device. If there is a brand you fancy over others just go for it. I myself really like sony equipment so all of my hometheater stuff is sony. If you have a local place to buy hometheater equipment like costco, bestbuy, curcuitcity, etc get it there. That way it is easier to do returns if you don't like one and want to try another.
If you want to make sure you get a good one I'd just google search the hell out of it. When ever I go for something I have no idea about I just sit and research it for hours. It may sound boring but it actually gets sort of interesting and you will end up being very knowlegable in the subject :)
Sorry I couldn't be of more help but at least you won't leave completely empty handed ;)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
I Just bought a JVC DivX DVD Player from Best Buy, the thing has a memory card reader, plays all formats, xvid, vcd, svcd, dvd all formats etc etc etc, its awesome, I would recommend it to anyone else looking for a dvd player that can do all formats.

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
I don't like JVC

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

pat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2001
"I Just bought a JVC DivX DVD Player"

Do you have the parts number?? I dont find it in Canada...

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
i dont generally like jvc either, but this is actually a nice dvd player, has everything you could need and will play anything you throw at it...

skazola

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2005
Hi, I am new to this forum but I would like to introduce another model.
Zensonic Z500 Network DVD Media Player.
Specs include HDTV, WMV9 playback, USB 2.0 connection to external HDD/HDMI.
Of course it plays Divx/DivxHD

You can view here www.z500series.com

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
The Philips DVP 642 works great for the price ($70).

It plays 95% of what I throw at it perfectly. The rest usually have errors which can be fixed using DrDivX.

Everything that I encode with AutoGK 1.60 (DivX 5.2 1490-2040 GB w AC3) plays perfect.