DIY Airsoft Minigun Shoots 10,000 Rounds/Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
holy hell...its not even the feet per second that counts with this airsoft gun, its the rounds per second. can you imagine unloading out on a swarm of pranksters or loser gangsters that are causin mischief around ur house? that would be AWESOME! they're not going to have time to say "ow you ***** b**tch imma cut ur throat!" they're just gonna get the hell outa there and never come back lol

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I already saw what a 5,000 RPM airsoft gun can do to a TV, but 10,000?!

Is something like this even LEGAL in the United States? Holy crap.

cloudberry

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I am heavy airsoft guy, and this is my weapon. She weighs 150 kilograms and fires 200 dollar custom-tooled BBs at 10,000 rounds per minute. It costs 400,000 dollars to fire this weapon...for 12 seconds.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
ehhh..why would you wanna be so into an airsoft gun cloudberry? I dont wanna judge; spend your money how you like to..but why? thats a huge investment for very little entertainment if you ask me lol

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
oh holy crap, i want one these just so i can reenact a scene from the movie predator.... and i will be yelling "i am going get me some" "get down!!!! "get to da chopper!!!"

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]cloudberry[/nom]I am heavy airsoft guy, and this is my weapon. She weighs 150 kilograms and fires 200 dollar custom-tooled BBs at 10,000 rounds per minute. It costs 400,000 dollars to fire this weapon...for 12 seconds.[/citation]
nice.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]ehhh..why would you wanna be so into an airsoft gun cloudberry? I dont wanna judge; spend your money how you like to..but why? thats a huge investment for very little entertainment if you ask me lol[/citation]

You've never heard of Team Fortress 2 I take it.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]ehhh..why would you wanna be so into an airsoft gun cloudberry? I dont wanna judge; spend your money how you like to..but why? thats a huge investment for very little entertainment if you ask me lol[/citation]

You obviously haven't met the heavy

rawrnomnom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
It doesn't spin! Half of the fun of the minigun is right clicking dagnabbit.
Wonder if the Warmachine cosplay guy can incorporate this into his suit, should work pretty well since they're both about half-scale.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
People people! It's not RPM, it's Feet Per Second. RPM implies that this gun rotates... which it does not according to the article that's at the top of the page.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
How about magnesium for the bulk of the metal? About 2/3 the weight of aluminium. Then use tungsten for the gears/whatever has a high amount of strain.
Magnesium is apparently easier to machine than aluminium, and is rather cheap.
Tungsten may be difficult to work with, but it'd be used in small amounts. :)
Yeah, it needs some mad spinning action.

Maybe I should never own a firearm...

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]cloudberry[/nom]I am heavy airsoft guy, and this is my weapon. She weighs 150 kilograms and fires 200 dollar custom-tooled BBs at 10,000 rounds per minute. It costs 400,000 dollars to fire this weapon...for 12 seconds.[/citation]

$200 BB's? really? Sorry I have trouble believing that. Especially since you say that is the price for EACH ONE. half a million dollars for 12 seconds and then years looking for all the BB's you shot.

You could buy a real minigun and build your own range to shoot it in for that. I cry BS.

Not even if they were High-Explosive, proximity detonating tracer rounds would they be worth that....Speaking of which

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
darn thing cut me off....

Speaking of which...for that kinda money you could buy a real minigun AND build your own range at which to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.