Do i need a sim card?

ern0485

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Yesterday I bought an access code from ST to switch from one of their phones to my Verizon iphone 4s. When I went to activate my iphone it says it cannot be activated, to try again. I tried several times and even called ST and they told me it could take up to 24 hours. When I cancelled my service with Verizon my contract was over, but I do not think the phone is unlocked. So it has been 16 plus hours now and the iphone still wont activate. Is straight talk trying to unlock my cell phone for me? Is that why it is taking so long? Will it ever work? Also I am reading about sim cards do I need one for my iphone to use on ST? Their website never instructed me to get one. Thanks

Solution
Verizon will need to unlock or provide a unlock code for the iPhone and you will need to switch SIMS.

Are you a Verizon customer?

If so, and if you meet the requirements, call Customer Service for the code.
* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.
* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

Read this thread for details. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707

If you are not a Verizon customer or if you do not meet the requirements, you will need to contact a third party unlocking service and purchase a code.

das_stig

Distinguished
Verizon will need to unlock or provide a unlock code for the iPhone and you will need to switch SIMS.

Are you a Verizon customer?

If so, and if you meet the requirements, call Customer Service for the code.
* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.
* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

Read this thread for details. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707

If you are not a Verizon customer or if you do not meet the requirements, you will need to contact a third party unlocking service and purchase a code.

Solution