Do most newer model subwoofers have active crossover

Jul 28, 2018
Trying to buy a modest sub woofer for a Zvox Audio A200 sound bar. I emailed Zvox and there answer was that any subwoofer with active crossover would do. None of the manufacturers seem to disclose this feature. How will I know?

Solution
Just about any powered sub you see will have a low pass crossover built in. You can be sure if there is a frequency control. You want one with left and right line level inputs to connect it to the soundbar. Also pretty common. Don't use the power rating of the amp as a guide. You don't want a bandpass design in which the speaker fires only through a port and not directly into the room with a port too. A forward firing rather than downward firing sub would be my personal choice.
Just about any powered sub you see will have a low pass crossover built in. You can be sure if there is a frequency control. You want one with left and right line level inputs to connect it to the soundbar. Also pretty common. Don't use the power rating of the amp as a guide. You don't want a bandpass design in which the speaker fires only through a port and not directly into the room with a port too. A forward firing rather than downward firing sub would be my personal choice.

Solution