Do Samsung Smart TVs take longer to Connect to your WiFi Network on Power-Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittay17

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I just bought a 2017 Samsung 4K 43 inch MU6290FXZA from Best Buy.

If the TV has been off for 20 minutes or more, it takes at least 30 secs to a minute to find my WiFi Network... is this normal? Every time we start it up and hit Amazon or Netflix it says cannot find network and then eventually connects.

We have a TCL Roku Smart TV in the other room and it connects instantaneously!!

All our tablets, iPhones, streaming sticks have no problem connecting right away.

Any help would be appreciated. I have 5 days to exchange it at Best Buy. Do you think it’s a lemon?

Thanks so much - Erik

Solution
Something doesn't sound right with the TV Erik. If your still within the return window, take it back and get a refund. The only other thing I can think about is a firmware update for the TV....don't know if you've tried that or not.

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
That does sound like an unusual amount of time, not up to date on the specs of that particular tv. My LG smart tv is ready to go just after power up for internet connectivity. Do you have a strong signal to your wi-fi with other devices in close proximity to the tv and if so do they connect quickly and have a reliable connection? If nothing is out of the ordinary and your other wireless devices don't have this issue i'd return the tv while you can if you can't deal with the tv waiting to connect to the wi-fi router.

smittay17

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Dashman thanks for the reply.

Yes strong signal. My router is directly behind the tv with 70mbps down and 8mbps up.

All of our other devices connect quickly. It’s really weird. Is it because the Samsung smart hub is complicated to boot up??

Again our TCL Smart TV boots in like 3 seconds when we turn it on and it’s 15 feet away from the router in another room!! No lag whatsoever.

Again it’s only the boot time that takes about a minute with the Samsung TV, it’s never ever dropped a signal, it just takes awhile to initially connect when powered on ... that’s why I’m wondering if it’s normal

smittay17

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Yeah this TV is definitely a Lemon

work up this morning, went to put paw patrol on for my son ... Amazon cannot connect to internet

wait 1 minute

so I try Netflix. Netflix cannot connect to internet.

Wait 1 minute
put on YouTube ... you are not connected to internet

So SAMSUNG setting pops up, let’s look at your network.... 1) connection - Wireless, Check. 2) find your network - check. 3) testing connection ... you are connected to the internet

this happens almost every time we turn it on in the morning and after it’s been off for an hour or longer.

Lemon?? Should I take it back?? This cannot be normal.....right?? Our horrible TCL smart TV connected without ever looking for internet connection. LOL

need your advice everyone. Looking for consensus. Take back? Do not take back? I have til Sun Jan 14.

Please even if you could just take 10 seconds to reply, it would make me feel a lot better!! Thanks Erik :)

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Something doesn't sound right with the TV Erik. If your still within the return window, take it back and get a refund. The only other thing I can think about is a firmware update for the TV....don't know if you've tried that or not.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.