Do we need to root

Chirag Vidhani

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
So i am going to install aosp rom on my mobile phone micromax unite 2 ... Do aosp rom requires root ... If no then please instruct how to install aosp rom on micromax unite 2 ... And if yes then please tell me how to root it without pc ...

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014

it does require root and you can simple root the phone by going to the play store and downloading framaroot ..its a program that roots the phone without connection to a pc

Chirag Vidhani

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
I cant do it by framaroot ... And i tdied baiduroot ... That shit didnt root my phone and installed something in chinese that disturbs everytime ... But ok plz anyhow any other app that will root my phone i tried towelroot... And yes i am running kitkat i need to install aosp rom of jellybean 4.3

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014
well other than those apps the only way is to use the pc and root the phone then you will be able to flash the rom to the phone ..there are alot of fake apps that says thy will root the phone but wont .. framaroot as always worked for me

Chirag Vidhani

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Ok thnx a lot man ... But would u suggest how to unlock bootloader after rooting ... Also suggest a aosp rom of android 4.3 jellybean for micromax unite 2 ... Bcoz i didnt like android kitkat

jbrown156

Estimable
May 7, 2014
once you root your phone you should navigate to to the rooting files and insert i think the command was "adb oem-unlock"
not sure though so you can google that part of it .. make sure you have usb debugging enable first before attempting