Do you use a certain MS OS just because you like it?

Rafael Mestdag

Estimable
Mar 25, 2014
I use 8.1 for example just because I like it, it's different and functional and colorful. I like the way things are in Windows 8.1, like the tiles and the way you can access the open apps by hovering the pointer over the edges of the screen.

So you use a certain MS OS just because you like it? Why?

Solution
well, for me, before i used linux, i came from windows xp. i only gave xp up since last year for linux. i find any other os from ms unacceptable, with the exception of windows 10. and even that is sketchy. but yeah, i been using xp all through those years. i never used vista, 7, 8, or 8.1. just crappy os's. and the reason i used xp all through the years is because it's a lot faster than the others. and was established as a decently compatible os for programs. until they decided to stop all the support for it. but even till this day it's still viable. as more os's came out, the more compatibility problems there was. as for windows 10 the only features i like about it is that you don't have to fresh reinstall it to switch hardware, and...

perfectkickflips

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
well, for me, before i used linux, i came from windows xp. i only gave xp up since last year for linux. i find any other os from ms unacceptable, with the exception of windows 10. and even that is sketchy. but yeah, i been using xp all through those years. i never used vista, 7, 8, or 8.1. just crappy os's. and the reason i used xp all through the years is because it's a lot faster than the others. and was established as a decently compatible os for programs. until they decided to stop all the support for it. but even till this day it's still viable. as more os's came out, the more compatibility problems there was. as for windows 10 the only features i like about it is that you don't have to fresh reinstall it to switch hardware, and it's easy to get drivers for the hardware. and it's funny cause some people say windows 10 is silly fast. that is totally not true. the only os that was silly fast was xp, which is way snappier and faster than any other ms os.

but at the end of the day, i use linux. that's just my preference. i think ms went the wrong routes with their os's which is why i try not to use them anymore.

Solution