Does anybody know a tv that works with 0 hd?? 0 refresher rate??

beni weaver

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
hd service hurts my eyes-and i can't watch hd.

as the world is turning hd----is there a tv that will fully work but with 0 hd to it?

please read and respond to my prior questions asking about refresher rates and
hdmi.

as you can figure i have a medical condition against such. i can't believe the tv industry isn't taking this in consideration. i'm not the only person with this problem.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Not sure I understand your question - are you bothered by flicker or something? I would think you'd want a higher refresh rate rather than lower, and a zero refresh rate is like a painting. I'd go to a local video store and look at the different TVs to see which best suits your needs.

As for zero HD, are you talking about HD television? In the US, there are no more analog broadcasts as of June of this year (except low power stations), but ATSC broadcasts include both standard def and high-def programming. If you're speaking of movies, just set your DVD player & TV to 480P if the resolution bothers you.

Buy an old non HD TV from Craigslist or better yet a local TV repair stop and use a digital converter box which will only put out SDTV. Not knowing from your information what about the HD signal is the problem you can also try to use an HDTV with the composite video input with the same digital converter box. The TV will upconvert to HD but it will not be the same as real HD.