Does at&t sim card work into xperia go phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nellyala

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello,
i have an unlocked " sony xperia go" that i bought it in another country, now, i wanna use it in the us too, do at&t or t-mobile sim cards work into my xperia go?

Solution

First of all, is this the phone you are talking about? http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_go-4782.php

If it is, it should work with AT&T and T-Mobile's network. For GSM (voice and text), it will work, since AT&T uses 850 and...

nellyala

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
thank you, you are right and i agree with you but i checked websites of at&t and t-mobile. they have lists of compatible phone names and informations but they don't mention " xperia go" so I'm not sure yet, does it work in us or not!

at&t Has emphasized, phones must be:

Operates on GSM network
Operates on 850/1900 MHz bands
Unlocked - not programmed to work exclusively on a wireless network other than AT&T

and my " xperia go" is precisely this but its name isn't in the list of compatible phone names.

inzone

Splendid
I guess you will have to get a response from someone that has personal experience with that phone , there's always a chance however slim. I thought that the perpose of unlocking a phone was to use it on on other carriers because that carrier did not offer it. Because we don't offer unlocking help there's not a lot of threads to draw info from.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

First of all, is this the phone you are talking about? http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_go-4782.php

If it is, it should work with AT&T and T-Mobile's network. For GSM (voice and text), it will work, since AT&T uses 850 and 1900 MHz frequency, and T-Mobile uses the same. Your phone have the right frequency bands to support them (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz). But if you want to go 3G or 4G network, it may not work. Since there are two models according to the link I posted, ST27i, and ST27a. ST27i has HSDPA (3G network) 900 and 2100 MHz frequency band, which will not work on T-Mobile and AT&T. If you own the other model, ST27a, which has HSDPA (3G network) 850, 1900 and 2100 MHz frequency band, it will work on both carriers. Hope this helps.

Solution

nellyala

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
thank you,
so, please tell me, Which one of the sim cards (at&t) is compatible with " xperia go ST27a" phone?! I had never used at&t network and i don't know its plans and sim cards at all.

[xperia go = xperia advance]

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

It uses the mini-sim. Like standard sim cards that cell phones use.

Here's the comparison of mini, micro, and nano sims:
http://asia.cnet.com/can-you-convert-a-micro-sim-into-a-nano-sim-62218746.htm

In my opinion, AT&T's network is fast, but they are overpriced (friend experiences). T-Mobile's network isn't that fast as AT&T's, but cheaper plans. So it's up to you if you want AT&T or T-Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.