Does micro usb need emi if just for charging not data transfer

Chadhamker

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Hi, I am an electrician but this is not my area, so I need help, I'm going to build device that uses electromagnetism to retract usb at restaurants and bars , Im talking minimal voltage for magnet ,my question is if only using usb cable for charging and not data transfer, how much shielding do I need? is typical micro usb cable shielded enough it won't effect? IT will be strictly for charging cellphones at the restaurant tables but when flip switch kills magnet and cable retracts. Following me? I know maybe a little weird but will explain more later, can anyone answer my question?

Solution
If its just for charging, you dont need emi shielding. Shielding is used to prevent interference with data that is going through the cable. But since you dont have data going through it, Youll be good without shielding.

KeelinTy

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
If its just for charging, you dont need emi shielding. Shielding is used to prevent interference with data that is going through the cable. But since you dont have data going through it, Youll be good without shielding.

Solution