Does Nikon D5300 support Snapbridge

Avisal

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I recently bought a D5300. Various sites mention that it connects to smartphones using a new app called Snapbridge. The only way I can get my camera to connect is using an app called WMU. I read that Snapbridge uses Bluetooth and not wifi. Does D5300 have Bluetooth? Is Snapbridge better than WMU? Can it connect with Snapbridge? If so, how? My camera does not show any option/ menu for Snapbridge and the phone keeps searching.

Avinash

Solution
snapbridge comes pre-installed on some nikon cameras my nikon D5300 does NOT have snapbridge. So the only way to connect my camera to a smartphone is using the wifi feature. If you are sure your camera has snapbridge then you should see a setup screen upon initial activation.

Turbo_

Commendable
Dec 5, 2016
snapbridge comes pre-installed on some nikon cameras my nikon D5300 does NOT have snapbridge. So the only way to connect my camera to a smartphone is using the wifi feature. If you are sure your camera has snapbridge then you should see a setup screen upon initial activation.

Solution

sunder.supernova

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
D5300 does not support snapbridge. Snapbridge is latest alternate to WMU. However, Snapbridge is not good either. One good alternate for D5300 is qdslrdashboard available in the play store. Don't worry about snapbridge. You really aren't missing out much. There are other free apps that will provide better experience.