does overheating cause laptop to slow down

M_2___

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
I have laptop intel core i3 with 4gb ram intel hd graphics 3000 and 2.40ghz I play games very well earlier but now my laptop is overheating and games slow down should I buy a cooling pad because my laptop own fan is damage please give me a advise

Solution

Not a problem. Please be sure to close this thread by using the "Pick as the solution" Button under whatever post answered your question the best. It will allow the forum to stay cleaner and if other people have the same issue they can just look up this thread.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Yes overheating can cause a device to slow down. Keeping it cooler will allow it to run at a faster speed more of the time. A cooling pad can help laptops with not the best cooling. I have one myself I use on some laptops and I have seen 500Mhz or more of sustained speed difference per core when using it.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
OH and get that fan fixed ASAP. I somehow missed that what I read your post the first time.. The fan is really really important. Running a broken fan is like running a car with the radiator not working.. BAD.

utroz

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010

Not a problem. Please be sure to close this thread by using the "Pick as the solution" Button under whatever post answered your question the best. It will allow the forum to stay cleaner and if other people have the same issue they can just look up this thread.

Solution