Question Does Photoshop 7.0 run on Windows 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2022
Does Photoshop 7.0 run under Windows 11 Pro? I've used my Photoshop 7.0 since Win XP and it does everything I need.... I have been using on Win 10 Pro for several years with only a few quirks. MS is bugging me to upgrade to Win 11. Will 7.0 still run OK? I do just basic photo touch up on old images frequently containing damaged text. The Text tool controls in PS 7.0 are great for me in my hobby work. GIMP does not seem to have that capability.
Thanks,
Robert

Jan 18, 2022
So if I upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11, does my old Photoshop 7.0 still run OK? The only tutorials I see on YouTube seem to be talking about installing (presumed) pirate PS 7.0 software. And the one tutorial I viewed did not specifically mention Windows 11. I have a legitimate copy bought years ago.

Jan 18, 2022
That is precisely what I was hoping to find here... Someone that has tested PS 7.0 with Win 11. Any suggestions on a more productive site for such a query? The Adobe forums I've visited appear to be silent on the subject.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
In all likelihood, it will also run on Win 11 if working on 10. With the exception of the GUI, Win 11 is really the same as 10 under the hood (so to speak). Confirmation by another is likely difficult given the age of the application.

Jan 18, 2022
I still have not gotten a definitive answer. Holding onto Win 10 for now.... A PS 7.0 crash right now would throw wrench into getting ready for a couple of hobby conferences I have participated in for decades....

Mar 3, 2022
I was using Photoshop 7.0 on an old Windows 8.1 computer. That machine died, so today I installed it on my new Dell computer running Windows 11. I used my original installation CD and it did not have a problem with the setup. Now PhotoShop is up and running and seems to be working just fine.

Reactions: Wolfshadw
Status
Not open for further replies.