Does the sim card HAVE to be in the phone when doing a factory reset?

terileeS

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
I want to prepare a ZTE Grand Max+ to sell so I need to do a factory reset to remove data. My problem is I no longer have a sim or a SD card. Can I still perform the factory reset without the sim? I was watching a lesson on how to do this and he said to put the sim and micro sd back intio the phone before starting the factory reset. I'm wondering if it will be formatted, etc. and be back to its original shape if it doesn't have the sim card in it when I perform the reset, Thanks for helping me. Teri

Solution
It shouldn't matter. The SIM card is just your authorization to use a particular phone network. It has nothing to do with how the phone itself works or what info/settings are on it.

The phone likely will constantly nag you about not having a SIM in it if you turn it on without one installed.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
It shouldn't matter. The SIM card is just your authorization to use a particular phone network. It has nothing to do with how the phone itself works or what info/settings are on it.

The phone likely will constantly nag you about not having a SIM in it if you turn it on without one installed.

Solution