[DONE] Tesla Model S is the Electric Car of Our Dreams

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
regardless of what it's MSRP is, expect the dealers to take anotehr 20k on top of it... good ol stealerships. If this car is a maintenence free as it pretends, dealers will FOR SURE mark up the price, as you dont need oil changes, timing belts, waterpumps, etc.

G

That thing looks pretty good(they dont show a front pic here,but you can find them elsewhere). Not my type of car, but its best looking sedan ive seen in a long long time. Too bad no interior pictures.

Hopefully they wont change the body from show to production tho.

The chevy volt looked pretty good too when they first showed it off. Then when they showed off the version they would actually build it ended up looking like crap, both inside and out.

Ya 60 grand, but until these things become mainstream they will carry a premium. Their first car was 110k, their next will probably be in the 20-30k range.

5k for a replacement battery is amazing. Even if they are talking about the 160 mile range one, thats a pretty big leap over previous designs.

I wonder why they aimed for the 60k mark tho.With a battery that cheap one would think they could easily make the 20k-30k mark.

G

Maserati just called, they want their style back. Just kidding, Obama should force GM to build these on contract.

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
Looks like a nice ride. I can't help but wonder how much lithium we're going to have to dispose of every 7-10 years. I'm guessing that part of the deal isn't too environmentally friendly. Could even be worse than burning oil, but not for global warming specifically.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]The design is a ripoff of Porsche Panamera.[/citation]

RIGHT, they copied the Panerama and had a working prototype within months of the Panerama's unveiling...

Status
Not open for further replies.