doubt with my requirements to run gta v

360james

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
i have NVidia geforce 940 mx ddr3l 2gb supported by intel HD graphics with 16 gb ram and core i7 so can I run gta v in these requirements

Solution

Hello, James:

On paper you should be able to play GTA V with your Samsung, but there are a couple of caveats.

Steam recommends a 3rd gen Intel i5/AMD X8 FX8350 (quad-core/octa-core), a 2GB nVidia GTX660/AMD HD7870 card, and 8GBs of RAM. While these are recommended specifications, and so often more than enough, in this particular case (GTA V), I would consider them absolute minimum requirements.

This means your i7 CPU must be at least 3rd gen, and even with a GTX940MX card you may experience stutter or crashes if you go for max settings.

I'm using a quad-core Haswell i7 backed by a 4GB...

Seaweed Monster

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014
What is the model of the i7 processor? As well as the model of your laptop.

However, from the graphics card mentioned above, the system must be a fairly powerful. I have seen people using 940mx paired with an i5 6200u, 8GB RAM and a standard 1 TB hard drive. They were getting around 40 fps solid at medium settings.

So I would say yes.

Thanks,
SM

360james

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017

Seaweed Monster

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014
From looking at the specification of your Samsung notebook 7 spin, it's a well powered laptop. It's Capable of handling all everyday tasks as well as some games, photo-editing and video editing.

You have a nice system with modern hardware.

Regards,
SM

Hello, James:

On paper you should be able to play GTA V with your Samsung, but there are a couple of caveats.

Steam recommends a 3rd gen Intel i5/AMD X8 FX8350 (quad-core/octa-core), a 2GB nVidia GTX660/AMD HD7870 card, and 8GBs of RAM. While these are recommended specifications, and so often more than enough, in this particular case (GTA V), I would consider them absolute minimum requirements.

This means your i7 CPU must be at least 3rd gen, and even with a GTX940MX card you may experience stutter or crashes if you go for max settings.

I'm using a quad-core Haswell i7 backed by a 4GB GTX860M card and 16GBs of RAM. GTA V is still the only game in my library that can crash my PC (at maxed settings). If I scale back on a some graphics settings (the 860 card is a bit old), the game will run smoothly, but GTA V remains a beast of a game.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution