Solved! Down arrow not working

renfest

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hello,
I have a ell Inspiron 1545 laptop that the down arrow decided to stop work the other day nothing has been spilled on the laptop all the other buttons work well the right and left arrows and the up arrow works can you help me I am at a loss.

Solution
Alright well most laptop keyboards normally have a membrane based keyboard. Basically it means they are cheap and will eventually wear out.

I'm guessing yours is worn out. Have you tried using a USB keyboard and see if the down arrow works? If it does - it just means your Down arrow key is just worn out.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Alright well most laptop keyboards normally have a membrane based keyboard. Basically it means they are cheap and will eventually wear out.

I'm guessing yours is worn out. Have you tried using a USB keyboard and see if the down arrow works? If it does - it just means your Down arrow key is just worn out.

Solution

renfest

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

I have to get a usb connector for the keyboard I have I just have not had time to go and get it Iam hoping to get it in the next week been busy with work and have not had a chance to get it. Will try that and if that works well I am back in black

Ren