Downgraded to Windows 7. How to force install drivers? [SOLVED]

Doodle_1

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I Really Hate Windows 10. So i decided to downgrade to windows 7 knowing the consequences, i had my usb 3.0 and wifi drivers on a CD so everything worked fine. Except my graphics drivers are not compatible with Windows 7. so i was wondering if i can force install them or something.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 15IKB(81BT) Laptop
Intel I5 8th Generation Processor
Primary GPU: Intel UHD 620 (Which Computer sees as a VGA Display Adapter or something)
Secondary GPU: Amd Radeon 530 (Which isn't recognised by drivers i installed,)

now i don't care about the AMD Drivers for now, But i kinda need my Intel Drivers as some programs need them. so is there a way to force install the drivers? : P

Solution
likely problem is that the hardware is too new for the old win 7 OS, and there fore the manufacturer when they designed the hardware never designed drivers for the hardware your attempting to use. So likely th answer is, no there are no drivers.

why do you dislike windows 10, what are the issues you find a problem, I have sen a great many people get all bent out of shape for small things, and when addressed with suitable solutions (obvious one is the win 10 menu for example) people loose their need to hate windows 10.

now all that said have you tried the INTEL.COM web site and run their hardware/driver identifier/updater?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
likely problem is that the hardware is too new for the old win 7 OS, and there fore the manufacturer when they designed the hardware never designed drivers for the hardware your attempting to use. So likely th answer is, no there are no drivers.

why do you dislike windows 10, what are the issues you find a problem, I have sen a great many people get all bent out of shape for small things, and when addressed with suitable solutions (obvious one is the win 10 menu for example) people loose their need to hate windows 10.

now all that said have you tried the INTEL.COM web site and run their hardware/driver identifier/updater?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Solution

Kasper Jorgensen

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
When Microsoft released Windows 10 some years ago, someone at somewhere decided that Intel 7th gen. CPUs and newer would only be supported by Windows 10. Not sure if this is actually the same with Ryzen CPUs?

@ Kasper Jorgensen
Well I don't know where you get the information that windows 10 only supports newer cpus, I have dual core 2 quad cpus Q8400, Q9400, Haswell G3220, Ivy Bridge I5-3570 and Haswell I7-4790K all running windows 10 flawlessly. Windows 10 supports almost all older hardware if the developer of the said hardware creates drivers for it, which in most cases windows 8/8.1 drivers where converted to run on windows 10.

Kasper Jorgensen

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

Think you got me wrong. I was not saying Windows 10 only supports newer CPUs but that newer CPUs are only supported by Windows 10.

Well I think it is more that windows 7 was not programmed to support the new architecture of the newer hardware, though there are some resisting windows 10 and are "finding" ways to make their new hardware but discover quickly that manufacturer just will not support Windows 7 anymore.

Microsoft will disable Windows updates on Windows 7 with 7 & 8 generation Intel i3, 5 & 7 cpu's, Intel will not release a device driver for the integrated graphics, and drivers for M2 SSD are a problem
ref: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3701900/mobo-support-win7.html

Kasper Jorgensen

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Whatever the reason is, all OP should be aware of is that his 8th gen I5 are not officially supported by Windows 7. He can try out some of the workarounds which may or may not work. Besides graphics driver and M2 drivers I've also heard some have problems with the chipset drivers.

Anyway, as said above it would be better if OP told us the issues with Win10 so we can guide him and most likely there is a solution to his issues.

Aug 9, 2018
I am at the same situation. I can't manage to install 620 graphics driver in a i7 8550u. I tried editing .inf file. Driver installs but it gets with exclamation and doesn't works. I can't install Windows 10 because corporative os in my work is Windows 7.
Any solution?

Kasper Jorgensen

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

As mentioned above, Intel is not releasing graphics drivers for that CPU for other than Windows 10. Nothing you can do about it other than installing Windows 10.

Aug 9, 2018
Hi!
I follow steps of mivas.
I don't know if I can put here external links.
Search this on google: "Windows 7 on Intel Core 8th generation???"