Jul 18, 2018
My download speeds cap out at 500 KB/s to 1,555 KB/s while downloading files on random websites but for some reason when I'm downloading files from google drive or steam the download speed is over 25 MB/s (how it used to be). I even lose connection completely at random intervals for no reason
This only started happening after I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.
Now before people start telling me to try to do basic things, I'll list what I've already tried:
  • I've reinstalled Windows entirely (kept my files since I had recently downloaded large games)
  • I've tried to update the drivers in the device manager
  • I've re downloaded the network drivers, I even tried to install the drivers from the motherboards website (it's an Asus Z-370 A)
  • I've deleted some software that included its own network drivers (logMeIn Himachi to be specific)
  • I've tried to use different web browsers toggling between Chrome, Avast browser, and even resorted to try Microsoft Edge
Any help is greatly appreciated!

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
John,
Wired or Wireless?
Some web site throttle everyone depending on traffic. Have you tried at 4:00 am. It's the best time for me. Can you get a friend to try with their system same site?

Jul 18, 2018
John,
Wired or Wireless?
Some web site throttle everyone depending on traffic. Have you tried at 4:00 am. It's the best time for me. Can you get a friend to try with their system same site?
I guess I forgot to say that, It's wired directly to the router, I have tried different times of day, none of them mattered, and I had friends downloading the same programs at the same time as me, same website, and the download cap was there

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
John,
Windows 10 arrrh, I have my own issues as well.
Grabbing at straws now, but have you looked into modem/cable modem protocols Docx 3.1 now I think.