Drive Disks Not Showing Up

Alex_405

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I have a ASUS gaming laptop with 1TB of memory that is divided into several disk drives. Until recently I've been able to access them but now they won't show up as valid places to save things at. Any help with getting them to show up/work again?

Solution
advice for crc error appears to be try another cable or problem is the drive but none of those have 12339 errors

I expect its hard to swap a cable in a laptop

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2251969/interface-crc-error-count.html

If I had a hdd where partitions just come and go, I would back up all the data on drive and get a new one as its probably not a good sign its has 12339 communications errors,

What you are looking at is the error correction rate of the drive.
The more CRC errors you see tells you how worn the magnetic disk platter is of the drive used to read and write data too.

The 200 value you see are the amount of cylindrical errors of the drive platter.
The Data value of 71583 is the amount of total data lost...

Colif

Distinguished
Normally I would expect to see 700gb or something of unallocated space. that looks like a normal 300gb hdd

Try running the free version of hdtune on your drive as partitions shouldn't just disappear, see if it thinks you have a 1tb drive as it should recognise it.

Have a look in bios and check you really do have only 1 drive as I am curious where the rest is hiding.

Alex_405

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I restared my computer to check the BIOS and after logging back in I checked and saw that the drives where back, i dont know how or why but they are there. Anyway thank you so much for taking some time to help me with this issue even if it did kinda solve itself somehow, I really appreciate it.

Colif

Distinguished
advice for crc error appears to be try another cable or problem is the drive but none of those have 12339 errors

I expect its hard to swap a cable in a laptop

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2251969/interface-crc-error-count.html

If I had a hdd where partitions just come and go, I would back up all the data on drive and get a new one as its probably not a good sign its has 12339 communications errors,

What you are looking at is the error correction rate of the drive.
The more CRC errors you see tells you how worn the magnetic disk platter is of the drive used to read and write data too.

The 200 value you see are the amount of cylindrical errors of the drive platter.
The Data value of 71583 is the amount of total data lost or corrupted in block or sector size, or a part of the disk platter where data cannot be stored due to a failing disk platter.

If you want a honest answer back up the drive as soon as you can to a new one if the data is important.
And stop using the drive for any important data you do not want to loose.

Besides, if you bought a new drive then the storage capacity of it would be larger in size anyway so that`s a bonus in a way isn`t it. EJ.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3103864/interface-crc-error-count.html

Solution

TRENDING THREADS