Solved! Dropped laptop won’t turn on

Mar 25, 2020
I am really in need of any opinions. I dropped my laptop from a chair, no too high, and it fell on a plush carpet, while it was turned on. After that it doesn’t turn on at all when pressing the power button and the little white light that is next to the charger light keeps flickering, the wifi (?) light is on and the charger light doesn’t light up. I am taking it to a professional tomorrow but I have really important data there that I haven’t managed to back up and I can’t get another computer. Do you think my computer can be saved? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Solution
May be too late and I'm not an expert. However, there are many reasons you are having this issue from a drop.

#1- You could simply need to check that the batter is still seated correctly.
#2- any number of components, including the Hard drive could have been broken.

Unfortunately, no power after a drop isn't usually a good sign. More than likely damage to a major component. However, it may be helpful to see if it powers on plugged in without the battery in it. If it powers up plugged in you may just have damaged the battery.
Mar 26, 2020
May be too late and I'm not an expert. However, there are many reasons you are having this issue from a drop.

#1- You could simply need to check that the batter is still seated correctly.
#2- any number of components, including the Hard drive could have been broken.

Unfortunately, no power after a drop isn't usually a good sign. More than likely damage to a major component. However, it may be helpful to see if it powers on plugged in without the battery in it. If it powers up plugged in you may just have damaged the battery.

Solution