Dt 990pro 250ohm and soundcard

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Hey I just bought the 990's pro 250ohm and i didnt have a soundcard, so my mom made me buy any shit soundcard, in case, a $55 Creative Blaster X fi Xtreme Audio. I would like to know if with this card i'll be able to get my Headphones full potencial or i'll have to buy anotherone. What about the Fioo? What is it for? Sorry guys im a newbie in theese things, i apreciate any ansewrs and suggestions of what I have to do to get a good audio for gaming and listening to music with my Headphones. In the moment O can't spend more money in anything, but in the future i'll. Thanks again!

Solution
Those are great headphones, and that Creative card is adequate to giving a good PC experience.

Those headphones are more aimed at non-PC usage such as music with a proper Amplifier (not iPod).

I'm not going to write a lot here, because you can research this online if you wish. The bottom line is that you'll get a good experience with what you have and don't need anything else unless you had a need for a built-in microphone for chat while gaming.

What about the Fioo?
I'm not sure what you're asking specifically, but you've got a nice set of headphones and if you like the sound you're getting then there's no reason to look further.

Gaming PC headphones are usually distinct in that they:
a) modify the sound in some way (for "better"...
Those are great headphones, and that Creative card is adequate to giving a good PC experience.

Those headphones are more aimed at non-PC usage such as music with a proper Amplifier (not iPod).

I'm not going to write a lot here, because you can research this online if you wish. The bottom line is that you'll get a good experience with what you have and don't need anything else unless you had a need for a built-in microphone for chat while gaming.

What about the Fioo?
I'm not sure what you're asking specifically, but you've got a nice set of headphones and if you like the sound you're getting then there's no reason to look further.

Gaming PC headphones are usually distinct in that they:
a) modify the sound in some way (for "better" gaming), and
b) have a Microphone

Good non-PC headphones tend to be optimized to reproduce the original sound quality accurately, without distortion, by way of a good amplifier. The impedance (OHM) that is best for this can cause problems on a PC with the headphones being very loud even on the lowest volume setting.

Again though, I should stop here or I'll just confuse things. You can read more about all this yourself.

Solution

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I just bought a separeted mic, the snowball. Just plug the usb in my pc right? Also i've senn that my soudcard only supports 5.1. Are my headphones 7.1? Thanks a lot! I also have the astro mix amp so do you recommend using it?

1) Snowball-> Follow the instructions.

2) Your headphones are STEREO.

Professional monitor and other high-end (non-PC) headphones are all stereo with one speaker for each ear. It's only for GAMING that they have 5.1 and 7.1 headphones. The problem with "5.1" headphones is that they do this by having multiple speakers.

Not only is it difficult to have many speakers orient properly to give you a true 3D experience (helicopter flying by your right ear) but there's not enough space to do that AND have great quality.

I personally was using "5.1" gaming headphones, then bought some nice Sony's similar to yours (stereo). I find music, and movies sound better on my PC and I also use them for my HDTV.

I also never did experience the 3D effect with 5.1 headphones.

gigioleao

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Oww now I got it! Thanks a lot!! I know that many gaming headsets aren't teue 5.1 or 7.1, they just emulate it. There are few true 5.1/7.1 just loke the Tiamati, and they are worst because the speakera occipare drivee space. But this isnt my case. Thanks again!