dual booting software.

G

never used it before. anyone know of the best or a good one out there?

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
SyQuest Partition Magic 4 and more is to my point of view the best partition resizer/creator/etc... and does contain a Boot Manager.

G

You need a boot manager. I use PowerQuest Boot Magic (and/or LILO/GRUB if you have installed Linux). You will also need a separate partition for each operating system you wish to install. Creating these partitions is a lengthy topic in itself, but one pointer I will give is to create new partitions as unformatted free space (NT, WIN@K and LINUX like it this way). I suggest PowerQuest Partition magic.

G

Partition Magic is good, but expensive. A cheaper alternative is FIPS, which can resize current partitions. After you shrink one partition, you can use FDISK to make a partition on the new disk space. (Make SURE you defrag absolutely everything into the first partition though, or you will lose data). It also supports reverting to the old partition record so that it's somewhat fault tolerant. Lilo is sometimes hard to configure, although it is powerful. Another alternative to Lilo is OS-BS, although OS-BS won't boot across multiple physical disks (sigh).

3C2X1(<b><i>Genius</i></b>).
Even though I'm a stranger, at least my average post is intelligent!