Dual Monitor Sound Setup (PC & XBOX)

Pollai

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I have recently started using a dual monitor setup and prior to this I just connected my PC and Xbox to my monitor via HDMI and then connected my speakers to the monitor directly using a 3.5 AUX Cable and that gave me sound on both devices.

There will be times when both monitors will be on for use on Windows and I don't think that will be an issue but what if I only want to switch on one screen that is not connected to the speaker. How do I do this? Is there some kind of splitter or like a DAC i'll need to get?

Solution
If you are running all HDMI (Dual from PC) + Single from Xbox Run the Audio from the screen that has both inputs connected to it and you will get the audio from what ever channel is actively being displayed. The other option is to run audio from both into a small audio selector switch outputting to a single 3.5mm to your speakers so you can manually select which audio feed to play in the event you run 1 screen PC and the other Xbox.

morgancomputers

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
If you are running all HDMI (Dual from PC) + Single from Xbox Run the Audio from the screen that has both inputs connected to it and you will get the audio from what ever channel is actively being displayed. The other option is to run audio from both into a small audio selector switch outputting to a single 3.5mm to your speakers so you can manually select which audio feed to play in the event you run 1 screen PC and the other Xbox.

Solution

Pollai

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

It does, I have connected the AUX to the new monitor, it is the old one which is disconnected now.

I have one monitor connected by DisplayPort (4K 60hz) and the second by HDMI. The 3.5 jack is currently connected to the 4k monitor. So basically, two 3.5 jacks from each monitor into some kind of splitter device.

Thank you! Now to find a decent one :)

TRENDING THREADS