Dual monitoring not working/HDMI Slot not detected

Burak_1

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
Good day and sorry if this was posted before but I'm searching for a solution for 3 days now and it's kind of nerve wrecking. So, I used to have a Gigabyte Mainboard (78LMT UBS3) which broke down eventually so I bought myself an ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0. When I used the Gigabyte Mainboard I had 2 Monitors running, my BenQ GL2450 on my HDMI slot and my Flatron L222WS on my DVI slot, both ran smoothly without any problems whatsoever. Since I installed the new mainboard windows isn't even detecting something that is plugged in my HDMI slot anymore. I can't open or access the second monitor whatsoever. What's really really confusing is, is that everything worked fine before. I'd really really appreciate any help.

My complete Specs are this:
GPU: GeForce GTX 660
CPU: AMD FX-8320
Mainboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
Operation System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor 1 on DVI: Flatron L222WS
Monitor 2 on HDMI: BenQ GL2450

Things I did do:
Reinstall every driver (GPU, Motherboard, both monitors)
Check if the GPU is not in firmly
Test different cables (even my cable from my Playstation didn't get detected :/ )
Disable Secure Boot (Was disabled in UEFI from the beginning on)
Enable USB Legacy Devices (Was enabled in UEFI from the beginning on)

What I did find out:
On the graphics card site stands that the GPU isn't UEFI compatible or sth, I searched if this could be the problem but couldn't find out anything. Also if the GPU wouldn't be compatible I couldn't access the PC whatsoever since the mobo hasn't got onboard graphics.

Once again, thank you very very much in forward, appreciate any kind of help!

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
Probably a dumb question but did your windows 7 get updated recently? :-( I know from my experience with windows 10 that there are issues around dual monitoring especially if windows can't figure out the driver, then it appears to revert to some basic MS ones that aren't very good. I had to go back to windows 8.1 to get back my dual monitors.

Unrelated maybe ... or not, samsung released some "good firmware" recently that caused major issues in tv's whereby a user lost access to their hdmi connectivity after standby operation and had to unplug the set to get them back.... maybe they were following some nice MS "system ware" (not sure what OS they run under). Samsung users weren't happy.

Burak_1

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015

I didn't update Windows 7 to windows 10 if that is what you mean o:
Otherwise I've got Windows updates running more or less by themselves.

And as for the sasmung firmware: I suppose that isn't my Problem since I don't have a TV connection or a Samsung device whatsoever connected to my PC.
Thanks for your answer though

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
if you have your system hooked up to the internet and MS updates are applied automatically, then you WILL get ms updates to 7... they could be similar to ones that "broke" windows 10... that was all that I indicated. As for the other "stuff", I mentioned that to indicate that it is possible there are issues in the wonderful land of hdmi as multiple companies appear to be having issues currently. good luck.