Duplicate screen from PC to HDTV

Guinea

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Ok my setup is going to sound a little bit complicated, so let me explain my goal. I was disappointed to find out that the PS3 wouldn't be getting NFL Sunday Ticket this year, so I decided to find a work around. I found out I could get it included with Madden 25 on Amazon but only on the computer. My computer is a gaming machine in my office, with a triple monitor display. I have a single graphics card using a Display Port adapter to output a triple monitor resolution (extended display) across all three screens. I will have access to the NFL Sunday Ticket on this, but I want to be able to send this wirelessly to my TV, around 20-30 feet away in the living room. I bought a Gigabyte SkyVision WS 100 HD Video Sync. I have the receiver plugged into one of the HDMI inputs on the back of my AV Receiver and it is showing up fine. The transmitter however is a small HDMI dongle that plugs into my video output. The problem is, my three monitors are taking up the 2 DVI inputs and the Display port input already. Is there something I can use to maybe split one of my outputs from my video card, so it gets duplicated? Basically take my right most monitor's DVI output on the graphics card, put a splitter on it, have one output go to my right monitor, and the other output have the HDMI dongle plugged into it, so its broadcasting whatever is on my 3rd monitor to the TV? Is this possible? Just looking for some advice or to be pointed in the right direction, thanks!

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010

Guinea

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
How would that work with a triple monitor setup? Right now I have 2 monitors coming out via 2 DVI outputs on the GPU, and the third output from an active display port adapter from the GPU as well. If I plug this thing into the motherboard, which monitor would it be duplicating? Would I be able to distinguish which display to mirror to the GPU as well as the motherboard ouput? Or am I better off just getting the splitter?

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
if its plugged into the motherboard if you have integrated graphics it would essentially be its own display so can be used seperate from the other 3 screens or you could make it duplicate one of the others.

you would need 2 dvi to hdmi cables or 1 if your monitor also has hdmi input for the splitter if you used it and it would just duplicate a display of your choice depending on which you plug it into.

Guinea

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
So I am assuming you are suggesting using the onboard graphics? It would be ideal for the onboard graphics output to mirror one of my monitors coming from the GPU. Or would the splitter be easier and less prone to issues?

Guinea

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Well with a triple monitor setup, I actually like the fact that it is only duplicated. With this, then anytime I want something on the tv, I just drag it to the duplicated screen. If I don't want it on the tv, then I just keep it on the other 2 monitors. So essentially I could accomplish it through that method.

Guinea

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
So after some research, I noticed people complaining about passive splitters not being able to output the signal properly to a TV. So I found this item:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011306&p_id=8154&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

Ideally, I would run HDMI from the GPU (my third monitor output is DVI, so I would need to switch to HDMI or get a converter piece) to the splitter. From the splitter, one side would go to the transmitter to the TV and the other to the monitor. The question is, if I am watching NFL Sunday Ticket on the computer, how do I designate the sound from my computer to also go out the HDMI cable so the transmitter can send the audio over as well?

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
yeah you need an active splitter, the one i recommended is active but i cant see it on US amazon but the one you found should work fine.

plug your sender into your hdmi port of one of your monitors and test this method of sending audio over hdmi and using the pcs sound at the same time to check if it works fine http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-play-audio-through-hdmi-speakers-simultaneously-in-windows-7/