Solved! Duplicating output from smart tv streaming

Jan 8, 2019
I’m designing a big living room with pool table. I want to add a 2nd tv near the pool table for sports or for mirroring what’s on the main tv. For cable or OTA, this seems simple: use an HDMI splitter that goes to each. But how about streaming? If the main (smart) tv is the streaming device, how can I duplicate its output to the 2nd tv? Do they come with hdmi output also?

Solution
As suggested above TVs don't allow you to mirror their screen to another TV.
If you tried to access the same content with the built in smart apps of each TV there would be a sync problem.
If you use a single streamer instead of the internal apps you could split that and send it to both TVs with no sync problem.
You could still use the internal smart apps if you wanted different content on each TV.

kerberos_20

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
well.. smart tvs can mirror display over wifi
if u will need to use hdmi as a output, TVs doesnt have it
so u will need to use those "smart" features from another devices, like google chromecast, amazon firestick, samsung allsharecast, modern smartphone with mhl or usb c, smart AVR, whatever else there is

As suggested above TVs don't allow you to mirror their screen to another TV.
If you tried to access the same content with the built in smart apps of each TV there would be a sync problem.
If you use a single streamer instead of the internal apps you could split that and send it to both TVs with no sync problem.
You could still use the internal smart apps if you wanted different content on each TV.

Solution