During a Skype call, my friend receives high quality video of me , yet I receive terrible low quality video of them.

DudE132

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
I have good internet but this is a major problem I am running into. When skyping a friend, they receive really nice high quality video and audio of me. But I receive unbearably bad video and audio of them. It's pretty much running like a pixelated slideshow with occasionally choppy audio. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix an issue like this or at least know of the cause?

DudE132

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DudE132 : "During a Skype call, my friend receives high quality video of me , yet I receive terrible low quality video of them."

I have good internet but this is a major problem I am running into. When skyping a friend, they receive really nice high quality video of me. But I receive unbearably bad video of them. It's pretty much running like a pixelated slideshow with horrible audio as well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix an issue like this or at least know of the cause?

DudE132

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

I haven't been able to try with anyone else but the video and audio quality was much better than this just a few days ago. It was never great but it was never this horrendous.

There is also a 2 to 3 second video and audio delay on both ends but they still see me and hear me in high quality.