DVD WRITER is not reading CD...

arafat0910

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
My DVD WRITER is reading CD but it is not reading DVD. I have searched this problem on google. I tried the solution---I have cleaned the DVD WRITER's LENS. But it is not working yet.
Please help me..

Solution
Hi

Any difference between inserting a DVD with film (video) on it or a DVD previously burnt in that drive or a DVD -RW or a DVD-R?

Is this a laptop or desktop PC (thin or standard height DVD drive)

standard DVD drives are so cheap it is not worth trying to repair them

To check for Windows registry corruption (upper filter driver) try booting up the PC from a Windows or Linux DVD which will not be possible if DVD drive can not read DVD's

The only other thing to check before giving up & replacing the DVD drive is that the SATA power and data plugs are making a good conection. (disconnect re connect)

Regards
Mike Barnes

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

Any difference between inserting a DVD with film (video) on it or a DVD previously burnt in that drive or a DVD -RW or a DVD-R?

Is this a laptop or desktop PC (thin or standard height DVD drive)

standard DVD drives are so cheap it is not worth trying to repair them

To check for Windows registry corruption (upper filter driver) try booting up the PC from a Windows or Linux DVD which will not be possible if DVD drive can not read DVD's

The only other thing to check before giving up & replacing the DVD drive is that the SATA power and data plugs are making a good conection. (disconnect re connect)

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution