AakashKcX

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
I want to record gameplay at 720p with dxtory.
On my computer i can play games with no lag but when i go to the recording the frame rate was very low.
Im building a new pc, should i buy a 2TB drive for my OS, games, programs and recording, or should i buy 2 1TB drives and have 1 for my recordings.
Would there be any difference as its alot cheaper to just get the 2TB drive.

Also would a 500GB drive with nothing but recordings still be able to record gameplay at 720p?

(All the drive im talking about are WD Blues)

Solution
You will get the best performance for recording if it is on its own drive. It isn't necessary though what CPU and GPU will you be using as those affect it as well.

500Gb is large enough it really depends on how much you plan on having on there at once.

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
You will get the best performance for recording if it is on its own drive. It isn't necessary though what CPU and GPU will you be using as those affect it as well.

500Gb is large enough it really depends on how much you plan on having on there at once.

Solution

Spectre694

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014

Well I don't think that's the problem. Try k1114's idea. If that doesn't work you will have to get another HDD just for recording. Don't use FRAPS though it has (or used to have) known issues with AMD CPU's