Dxtory lag while recording?

SGTSLY

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Ive started using dxtory recently to record gameplay but it always seems to cause my game to lag and i cant do anything about it. I have changed the settings and tried to record at 30 fps but my game still lags. Ive had the same problem with fraps. Fraps has never lagged for me but recently has made my games lag unbearably. Is there a way to fix this?

My specs:-
i7 3770k (stock frequency)
Asus gtx 680 OC edition
Maximus v formula
Dont remember the hard drive but i do remember its a 500gb HDD @ 10000rpm

Thanks in advance for the help

How much RAM do you have installed on your system. I didn't see it in the specs or somehow missed it. From the looks of it you have enough processing power and the HDD is quite fast. Have you considered adding a second hard drive to record the game play to? That may help as it will not have to read and write so much data at the same time.

SGTSLY

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Sorry for not writing my ram my mistake, I have Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb@1600mhz, I know i should get more ram and i will upgrade soon but for now this is all i have

It seems like that should be enough RAM. Have you checked to see if anything is hogging RAM and maybe making less available for Dxtory? Maybe someone with experience using Dxtory will reply.