Dyson Expands Blade-Less Air Multiplier Fan Line

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]I don't get it, its a "bladeless" fan that has bladed fans in it, why not use a wire mesh(or a window screen)? its alot cheaper than $450... and people still cant put their hands through it.[/citation]

I just told you's it doesn't have any blades.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]Are you serious? I mean really, when was the last time you heard of a kid getting even injured by a fan much less "Getting their fingers cut off" Fans have guards on them for a reason. The blades are dull because now adays kids are babied too much and turned into coddled little brats. Most kids will insert their fingers in front of the fan which will just scare the crap out of them and make a little noise. If they do it from the back, there is no guard, and the blades are sharp enough... Its called natural selection...[/citation]
Heh, visiting my grandparent's place, they still have some of the same fans that my mom and her brothers and sister grew up around. The 'guard' had openings so large I could stick my full grown hand into to metal blades (best I can tell the guard was to prevent large things from falling into the blades and damaging them, not finger-saving). Yet, despite these 'whirling finger choppers of doom' my mom and all my uncles and aunt still have all their fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.