E-Paper Wristwatch Collects More than $4.5M on Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
it is a gret idead, not sure it $150 would be woth it thoughfor the msrp, compared to a kindle for example at the non subsidized for $99 and that is a much bigger screen with wifi. still would be interesting, might splurge and buy at $150, but if they managed to sell em at $110 or less it'd fly off the shelves imo, the $115 to get one though as part of the initial grouping is certainly a good option if i had a droid or ios phone I'd bite at $115, unfortunatly it says they aren't supporting WebOS/palm

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Great idea, i think of it more like an improved version of the Nike+ Wristband that i have that lets you keep track of your workout when using the iOS Nike+ app with compatible sport shoes, this is great, i might donate a few hundred dollars to their cause.

a_gert

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
[citation][nom]mr_tuel[/nom]Maybe I'm weird, but I like the battery on my watch to last months, if not years.[/citation]

Lets be honest, though. If you can remember to plug your phone/tablet in nightly, you can remember to take your watch off and plug it in before you go to bed one night a week.

Think GameBoy battery life vs 3DS; if you're content playing GameBoy games, great, but if you want more functionality, it comes at a price. Same applies here.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
You must be someone who doesn't wear a watch.

I am the type that takes it off for NOTHING. Yes, that means shower, sleep and sex. I don't remove it from my wrist unless I absolutely have to, which has been zero up until my recent job. Been a Timex guy since I was 12. So that is 13 years constantly wearing a watch. Only removing it to replace the battery, band, or taking it off to go through security.

But that's just me :)

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Have you tried taking a whiff under the wristband? xD
I have't used a watch since I got my first cell phone. Ad that was a loooong time ago, in a not so far-away galaxy.

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]a_gert[/nom]Lets be honest, though. If you can remember to plug your phone/tablet in nightly, you can remember to take your watch off and plug it in before you go to bed one night a week.[/citation]
Watch is something I don't want to have to think about. It should be simple and reliable, not requiring constant maintenance/recharging.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]amigafan[/nom]Watch is something I don't want to have to think about. It should be simple and reliable, not requiring constant maintenance/recharging.[/citation]

I agree. I don't always use a watch, but when I do, I want to grab it off the counter, where it has probably been sitting for weeks without me using it, and to put it on. I don't wear a watch every day and don't see the point.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
This isn't really marketed to watch people. It is marketed to the 95% of the population that just uses their cell phone to tell the time. To those people, having to charge a device once a week is no big deal. Its more of a wrist/phone interface that also shows the time.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I always wear a watch a citizen eco drive and the battery lasts a lifetime I don't want to be messing with a clunky secondary cell phone like brick strapped to my wrist. I don't get why you need something to relay info from your phone to your wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.