EA Boss Claims EA Will be 100% Digital in Near Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
"the ultimate relationship is the connection that we have with the gamer."

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah ok EA try again.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
going digital is going to lose sales, not everybody has the patience to wait 8+ hours for a game to download, and most cannot get faster speeds due to ISPs being asses

ichabod crane@

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
if you don't like it don't use it been using steam and origin and like both both have had hiccups as all things do occasionally. demarest is correct get games on amazon at better price.

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]i'm going to miss used games in the future.[/citation]
Buy and download the games whenever Steam or Origin has their bottom-dollar sales.

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]goodguy713[/nom]while i dont share your opinion on this .. personally i like digital downloads and have never bought a pc game on physical media short of the warcraft 3 battle chest .. all my titles are either on steam or origin i do not have as many on origin because they usually are way overpriced .. and rarely have good deals .. but steam on the other hand .. is freaking awesome . so my other alternate is amazon they sell a lot of ea stuff but generally a a steep discount compared to origin.. so im always looking for a buy there .. while you might not be able to download them through origin you can always get them through amazon and they show up in origin after download.. i can see having shitty internet connections being an issue but to be honest you get what you pay for .. 18MBit FTW[/citation]

Saying that you get what you pay for is true to an extent, but I pay for the highest speed that my particular ISP offers & it still sucks. So that's really not a fair thing to say. I buy a lot (90% or more) of my games digitally, but I buy them knowing it will be the next day or two before I can actually play it. Not everyone lives in the bigger cities with access to very fast internet, sadly EA & the ISP's for that matter don't look at it that way.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
They can try to force it down our throats, but in the end they will lose. 80 percent of all Console owners want a hard copy, if they don't give us one, then their Sales will drop dramatically. If they
want to lose millions and millions trying to force it, let them try. I can't wait to hear them cry lilke little Girls........

G

Must be nice people have the option of a 18Mbit (or even a 1MBit+) connection. For a large chunk of us, it's just not an option. As a result, if they do go completely digital download, consider me (and many other US citizens not in a large town) out of the equation for buying games. This is a shame too since most of us are hardcore gamers with nothing else to do in those areas but play games. Basically, it will be a very bad option for them as they will neglect a LARGE part of their market. However, it will be good for us as I am sure another company will be more than willing to take their place when they notice their mistakes. Best thing is, they will probably have better quality games to boot and not just rehashes of earlier efforts.

G

So they are saying 100% Digital as in downloads with no physical media or 100% downloads
with DRM. Hate it when they use the word digital for products that downloadable only as
that usually mean it has terrible DRM with it.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Points with digital copy:
1. Tried once for Skyrim...I really hate the waiting time during download...
2. For personal satisfaction, I want to keep the physical copy of the disc/cartridge/etc. for collection....sometimes even got the collectors edition
3. If it comes with DRM, I will not buy it. I have bad experiences with DRM several times. I ain't falling to the same stupid trick again.
4. Not going to buy anything from Origin...only from Steam :)

Notes about EA:
1. I dunno if I am gonna buy anything from EA again....e.g. look at what they did to my favorites ME! I am really disappointed by EA!

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]i'm going to miss used games in the future.[/citation]
i get my games of steam and 50% of em is around 20 dollar. own around 90 games on steam. be patient and youll save alot.

gbair

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
[citation][nom]hiryu[/nom]Not only the speed, not everyone can have all you can eat data plan[/citation]
Yep, one of the best (still sucks) options for rural is mobile broadband, which nowadays have 5-12GB caps. Good luck getting even a single game.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]going digital is going to lose sales, not everybody has the patience to wait 8+ hours for a game to download, and most cannot get faster speeds due to ISPs being asses[/citation]
Not to point out the obvious, but if you get home from work on a Friday and plan to buy a game from a store you go to bed, wake up the next day, travel into town, go into the store, buy the game, travel back home, then install the game.
With digital, you get home on Friday, start the download and if you have fast enough connection you could be playing it within a few hours and get a bit of playing time in before sleep - and even if if doesn't finish downloading by bedtime it will have done by the time you get up and you don't need to go out in the rain/snow/meteorites.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Plasmid[/nom]I don't like losing the opportunity to sell my used games[/citation]
When iTunes came out people flocked to it to buy music instead of CDs and they pump out millions of songs.
Where is the negative feedback about no longer being able to sell your old CDs?

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
yea here in indianapolis at&t has up to 24Mbit service its like 60 a month i have 18 and pay like 39.99 with out download / speed caps .. comcast here you can get up to 100MBit service but its like 150 dollars a month and 250 GB cap after that you get throttled .. yea i dont think i could live in a small farm or farm town .. like the clean air and the scenery but thats what road trips are for.. I think the vast majority of the country is this way .. i think its mostly because the government only depends on isps to make the connections or service areas where as if there was some kind infrastructure incentive it would benefit small towns problem is they cant turn a profit .. they wont invest

Status
Not open for further replies.