EA Offering BMW M3 in NFS SHIFT Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I quite en[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Every Need for Speed game since Underground 1 and 2 has sucked. Unless they guarantee me the M3, no thanks.[/citation]

Have you played "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" ?

I actually quite like it, I even play it sometimes nowadays. It still looks great with everything maxed out, too.

I didn't like the Carbon than came after it and the one after it also.

I'll perhaps look into this one.

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
It actually isn't a bad game. I gave it a try. It is developed by people associated with the RACE/GTR race sim games. So it is quite a step in the right direction for Need for Speed. Sure its not Gran Turismo but it is definitely not a bad game either. I'm glad is not just another overly exaggerated 'street racing' game. Those were getting old.

notherdude

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Every Need for Speed game since Underground 1 and 2 has sucked. Unless they guarantee me the M3, no thanks.[/citation]
This version is nothing like any other Need for Speed game - it's their effort to make a real sim - I believe it was actually made by the SimBin people, who make the best sims. Just throw out whatever you know about the NFS franchise, this game is much more like those Codemaster or SimBin games, I like it quite a bit myself.

G

"Need for Speed SHIFT is the most realistic and intensive authentic racing game ever."

This is total BS. I played it. A stock RX8 WILL NOT DO 160 in less than a mile. And, how can I over take someone while in the grass? I'm still waiting for Forza or GT to come to the PC. This is just a more realistic arcade racer. Or almost a carbon copy of GRID.

tinnerdxp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Am very reluctant... played pretty much all NFSs up to "Most Wanted..." and that one looked like a christmas tree with 4 wheels and wrapped in some foil... felt plastiky, surreal, and arcade... the best NFS for me - was NFS 2, the classic one right now... I will give it a go... but I don't have high hopes for it... GRID, GTR, Forza - these are the games to play... NFS sucks - hence the M3 for grabs with this one...

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
These are very arcade like, but I have not tried this one. From what I have seen and read I don't think that has changed.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
There's still some tuner bs but the game IS a lot more like a real sim than the NFS franchise has seen since Porsche's Unleased.

The game is a bit weird though. With F2, GT and some of the PC sims like GTR2, common tracks all feel very similar one to the other. But with this game it feels like the tracks are SMALLER. Laguna for instance, on the other games it feels like a relatively long track... with corners that often give you a decent amount of setup time. On Shift Laguna feels VERY short to me, could be that it's more challenging (it is, car dynamics are MUCH more active than in the other games), I'll have to check the lap times and see if they correlate.

abhik

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
i dont get it. are these missions ingame? if so, what this all about "EA will offer other prizes including copies of Need for Speed SHIFT"

surely people already have a copy if they entered...

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I've played the game a bit and it gives you additional missions that you can get "Stars" (which give you access to more of the game) for if you complete them during the race. Sometimes you need to stay on the line, or have a clean lap, or whatever. Maybe that's what they mean.

Follow on to my earlier post - I played Laguna some more and it was definitely my imagination... I think because the cars in the game are a lot less settled than with other racing games it FEELS like the coarses are tighter... even though they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.