EA Sells Battlefield 3, Dead Space 3, More in Humble Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
EA’s David DeMartini, Senior Vice President of Global Ecommerce, when asked about replicating Steam’s strategy of giving deep digital discounts: “We won’t be doing that. Obviously they think it’s the right thing to do after a certain amount of time. I just think it cheapens your intellectual property. I know both sides of it, I understand it. If you want to sell a whole bunch of units, that is certainly a way to do that, to sell a whole bunch of stuff at a low price. The gamemakers work incredibly hard to make this intellectual property, and we’re not trying to be Target. We’re trying to be Nordstrom. When I say that, I mean good value – we’re trying to give you a fair price point, and occasionally there will be things that are on sale you could look for a discount, just don’t look for 75 percent off going-out-of-business sales.”

June 2012.

Anyways, I hope this means more deals on EA games, and especially DLC. For *ucks sake, ME1, ME2, ME3 DLCs are all priced the same as when they where released (even ME3 Limited Edition with was 9 USD on amazon, while the included DLC separately was and still is 10 USD).

wanderer11

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I wonder if they are going to add games later on like every other bundle has done. Either way it's a great deal and you get two keys for most games; Steam and Origin.

spat55

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Think EA are trying to get good publicity for there upcoming games. I spent $2 on it, not because I am tight, but because I own half of the games on offer, along with the fact it is a overseas (U.S.A) charities it is going to. (Not that I am against americans, but it would be nice to have a option to support other nations?)

michael908

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Wow, this is an incredible deal. I'm surprised EA is offering so many titles with all the proceeds going to charity. $4 million raised so far too, that's really great.

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
How can Origin be anything but second to Steam when Origin has the inferior product and refuses to try and lure customers to their platform where there is zero customer gain to do so?

Origin is always broken and barely works.

Rather than being as good at what Steam does and then bringing more to their Origin platform, they're stuck with a zero community, zero innovative, pop up store which can only let you buy games sometimes, only let you install those games you buy sometimes, and does not put the effort/money in to support their own "Higher Quality, Non Cheap" second rate platform.

michael908

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Wow, this is an incredible deal. I'm surprised EA is offering so many titles with all the proceeds going to charity. $4 million raised so far too, that's really great.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Bought one yesterday for $4.73 -- amazing crazy deal for those games, albeit old. However, origin has/had problem last night with coupon redeem section so I couldn't add any. I'll try again tonight.

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Great deal but I already have most of these games already between Steam and Origin. As for the ones claiming "Origin is always broken and barely works" I have over 50 games on Origin and have never had a problem with it or the games on it. Yes there were a few teething pains in the beginning during the beta but those have all been worked a long time ago.

acehawk

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Paid $1, that's all it's worth, especially with the above average bonus games being Origin only. No incentive to pay for them at all since Origin is total garbage which I refuse to ever touch.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
This was one of the best humble deals I've seen yet. I bought the pack, and gave extra copies to a friend. No matter what you say, this is an amazing deal!

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I actually want some of these games... but EA... SecuROM7.... er, no. Even thou its through Steam, EA still installs their crapware.

theclouds

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Humble Bundle gets my vote. Incredible value, and for a good cause. Even though I have the games already, I bought two bundles to gift my friends (so they could go on co-op). If this trends continues, I might not find myself preordering new titles outright....except BF4 - can't wait!

rmpumper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
acehawk "Origin is total garbage which I refuse to ever touch". How do you know it's garbage if you never tried it? Just like to troll or something?

acehawk

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Let me clarify, which I refuse to ever touch again. I used it briefly when I bought BF3, realized it was terrible, and promptly swore to never again play an EA game that required to to use it.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I haven't bought one of these yet, but I've bookmarked it to check weekly. I've noticed they take BTC, and since I have a few bitcoins, this may be how I'll spend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.