Earphone wires fix

aikouskouba

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

I want to learn how to reattach earphone wires shown in the picture .
PS: the plugin wires and the two speakers wires are from different but similar earphone . I tried to do it but always only one side works, although both of them work perfectly. The problem was the plugin, I threw away the mic btw.
Please help thank you .
https://ibb.co/msxx1G

Earphone/headphone wires are a PITA because they're so tiny. I'm impressed you managed to separate them and strip the insulation down as well as you did. Normally I just toss them and buy new ones because it's not worth the hassle.

But if you really want to fix it, as described above twist the matching colors together. Get a soldering iron and melt a tiny bit of solder into the twist in each wire to hold it together. (I'd suggest heating the solder directly, instead of the wires like you normally do - with wires this small you could melt the insulation.) Then wrap each individual wire with electrical tape so it doesn't contact the other wires. Then you can wrap the entire 4-wire bundle with electrical tape, overwrapping both ends onto the black cord sheathing for structural strength (when you tug on it, the load should be carried by the exterior black sheath, not the wires inside).

hang-the-9

Titan
They have the same colors that match, twist the matching color connections together. If that does not work, then the issue is not where you are connecting them but in another place or the colors of the wires do not match between the sets as to what they are.

Earphone/headphone wires are a PITA because they're so tiny. I'm impressed you managed to separate them and strip the insulation down as well as you did. Normally I just toss them and buy new ones because it's not worth the hassle.

But if you really want to fix it, as described above twist the matching colors together. Get a soldering iron and melt a tiny bit of solder into the twist in each wire to hold it together. (I'd suggest heating the solder directly, instead of the wires like you normally do - with wires this small you could melt the insulation.) Then wrap each individual wire with electrical tape so it doesn't contact the other wires. Then you can wrap the entire 4-wire bundle with electrical tape, overwrapping both ends onto the black cord sheathing for structural strength (when you tug on it, the load should be carried by the exterior black sheath, not the wires inside).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
randoom12 Audio 1
samratkothari Audio 1
jessitokki Audio 1
A Audio 2
C Audio 3
F Audio 1
Rjay2019 Audio 13
T Audio 1
georgeano Audio 2
U Audio 2
G Audio 0