Ears Get Hot in Closed Back Headphones

SimonIsAwesome

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Hi, I wanted to ask some people a question; I owned a pair of logitech g430 over ear headphones and noticed that my ears would get hot and uncomfortable after having them on for more than an hour. The ear pads on these headphones were cloth. When it was time to upgrade I bought the sennheiser g4ame 1 headphones. They are open back and have velour ear pads. They are heavily advertised as being very comfortable and keeping your ears cool (in fact, on the box itself it says "Plush velvet earpads let your skin breathe") However, I find that they are just as warm as the g430s. Does anybody have this problem? Do I just have unusually heat susceptible ears? Does anybody else's ears get abnormally hot in any pair of over ears? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Solution
Probably just getting hot in your room, my ears get a bit hot with my Game Zeros, but that's because they're closed back and leather cupped.
With an open back airflow should be fine, and I've used the Game Ones before with no issue.

Chugalug_

Estimable
Probably just getting hot in your room, my ears get a bit hot with my Game Zeros, but that's because they're closed back and leather cupped.
With an open back airflow should be fine, and I've used the Game Ones before with no issue.

Solution