Easier Photo Organisation?

RyanLittlehales

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
Hello, I take photos of sports and usually take around 2200 photos in a day and I was just wondering if there was a better way to view the photos enough so I can see if they're worth keeping, while also being able to move through photos and possibly select or even automatically move photos to another folder with the click of a button?

For example I have the windows photo viewer open full screen, use the arrow keys to browse through photos, and then click space to move the picture I'm on to an already chosen folder?

I currently just have the cameras folder and the folder i want to move the photos to open. I then go through browsing in the photo viewer and when i find one i like, i remember the number, close the viewer and find the photo and move it across.

I don't know if this is the right place to post it if not can you suggest another site??
-Cheers

Go buy Adobe Lightroom, it's only about $100. It pays for itself in weeks for most people, and likely a single day for you.

Selection is easy, just build previews during import and then press "e" to enter the single image viewer and then "p" for pick (passable ones), "x" for mark to delete (doesn't actually delete, rather mark it as bad), and 0-9 for star ratings (one number per image, 0-5) and colors (easier to organize). You can even set just about any descriptions, tags, geolocation you want too!

RyanLittlehales

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014

Is it worth buying just for that reason, i do this as a hobby and dont usually edit my photos much if at all

Lightroom is first and foremost a photo management system. It does some editing, but not a replacement for photoshop for most people. If you don't care about editing, you can make some presets based on your cameras and lenses and you can get more quality than jpg without doing anything per image (with option to do some thing if you want to)

RyanLittlehales

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014

Alright, thanks heaps man