Ebay Cell Phones

eocoolj

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Hello all:

I am trying to fix or replace my Nokia 5310 cellphone. I know everyone loves the smart phones these days, but I have a blackberry for work, so I really dont need anything special for my personal phone. I love the 5310 because it is pretty much the smallest phone I have ever seen, and its pretty stylish looking. Battery life is great and its a works well as a music player.

I've had mine for several years now, and at present the backlight doesnt work, and the case is starting to fall apart. In addition, the speaker makes a faint buzzing sometimes which leads me to believe that it is on its way out too. I looked on ebay for a replacement, and in addition to a few used ones I spotted a couple vendors in China selling brand new ones.

Click here for link to phone on ebay

My question to you guys is, are these cell phones from China knock-offs, or are they the real deal? I would definitely pay $83 for it if its a real nokia, but I am worried about ordering something from China and it turning out to be junk.

Thanks for your help

Solution
From the listing, they don't say anything about it being fake, if it's not you won't find out till you get it. No way to tell from the info available.

eocoolj

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
after reading some more articles and reviews around the internet regarding ebay cell phones from china, I elected to buy a used phone from a selling in america rather than roll the dice on what is probably a knock off phone that I would be getting from china.