Ebayer Sells 7,000 Video Games for $1.2M

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
That is an impressive collection and at ~$180/game that sounds about right for titles still sealed in the original packaging. With inflation he may not have made very much money on them though.

Devoteicon

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Why?[/citation]
Because paypal is a joke company that likes to hold funds for no reason and treat its consumers like common filth knowing full well there ain't a damn thing we can do about it. Google "paypal stories".

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
$180 per game? That means this guy made money from collecting all these titles. And that's if he paid full price for each game which would be about $60 a pop. I bet most of the titles were obtained through garage sales, or from European equivalents of flea markets.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
this is kind of stupid... what is the point?
im saying this as a gamer... if they are mint in box, why does this have any value at all?
i can understand some toys, but what is the pourpose of a game, a video game, mint in box?

this is assuming mint in box, like an above post said.

Ephebus

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]They hold your funds when you have a low rep count, negative feedback or if it's a high dollar sale and you don't have a history of them.[/citation]

No. They will arbitrarily hold your funds, permanenty limit your account, unfairly settle disputes, etc. The list of horrors is endless. You may want to check the sites below AND the testimonials of all PayPal victims on the sites Facebook pages and all over the internet. And if that hasn't happened to you yet, because you (like most victims) are acting in good faith and in compliance with their (often illegal) TOS, just keep praying you won't be next.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Ephebus[/nom]No. They will arbitrarily hold your funds, permanenty limit your account, unfairly settle disputes, etc. The list of horrors is endless. You may want to check the sites below AND the testimonials of all PayPal victims on the sites Facebook pages and all over the internet. And if that hasn't happened to you yet, because you (like most victims) are acting in good faith and in compliance with their (often illegal) TOS, just keep praying you won't be next.[/citation]

I just got my PayPal account unlocked after 6 months of it being locked, all over a Christmas gift that was sent to me, which they decided to hold for weeks pending a fraud investigation. They reversed the gift and my account went negative. I covered the balance but their site was broken and didn't convert the currency properly, leaving negative $3.63. I called, and their solution was "Buy something online." I had nothing to buy and my account was locked for months. It took many calls and many headaches to unlock it. I have 9 PayPal call center employee names written down.

Then recently, my company was selling old stock on eBay. Some dude bought a $20 item, but decided he didn't want it, but we had already shipped it. He said he'd refuse it and demanded a refund in some very vulgar and immature language filled with spelling mistakes and name calling. We emailed eBay and showed we held our end of the bargain.

When he received the item, he claimed it wasn't what was advertised, then claimed it was damaged, then claimed it was defective (I think he checked EVERY box in the complaint section). He put in a ticket and ebay ruled in his favor, requiring us to give a full refund including shipping.

Can't stand both companies. It's clear they are basically run by the same assholes.

Ephebus

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]I just got my PayPal account unlocked after 6 months of it being locked, all over a Christmas gift that was sent to me, which they decided to hold for weeks pending a fraud investigation. They reversed the gift and my account went negative. I covered the balance but their site was broken and didn't convert the currency properly, leaving negative $3.63. I called, and their solution was "Buy something online." I had nothing to buy and my account was locked for months. It took many calls and many headaches to unlock it. I have 9 PayPal call center employee names written down.Then recently, my company was selling old stock on eBay. Some dude bought a $20 item, but decided he didn't want it, but we had already shipped it. He said he'd refuse it and demanded a refund in some very vulgar and immature language filled with spelling mistakes and name calling. We emailed eBay and showed we held our end of the bargain.When he received the item, he claimed it wasn't what was advertised, then claimed it was damaged, then claimed it was defective (I think he checked EVERY box in the complaint section). He put in a ticket and ebay ruled in his favor, requiring us to give a full refund including shipping.Can't stand both companies. It's clear they are basically run by the same assholes.[/citation]

Yes, I've had a site about consumers defense and individual rights for over 10 years now and the list of PayPal horror stories I've witnessed is endless. It's amazing that PayPal and eBay were allowed to grow the way they did.

I had included a few links in my previous post but they seem to have been filtered out by the system, and the edit button is gone again, even on the forums (at least on Opera 12 and Firefox 13). I'm going to try to post them again below, but in case it doesn't work, just Google these combinations of words: about paypal / paypal sucks / screw paypal / paypal horror stories.

www.aboutpaypal.org

www.paypalsucks.com

www.screw-paypal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.